A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

wtorek, 7 lutego 2012

The Present Perfect Tense - Talking about life experience

The Present Perfect Tense is a kind of mixture of the past and the present... It is often used to talk about one's life experience - the countries we have been to, the dishes we have already tasted, the sports we have practised and lots of exciting things we haven't had the opportunity to do yet... 
The form is : a person + have/has + past participle (regular verb + ed or 'the third column' for irregular verbs)
Below you can find an exercise in the tense  - talk about your life experience looking at the pictures! 


You can propose your answers below!

Here are my proposals of answers :
I have already skied but I have never snowboarded.
I have already used a chairlift.
I have never tasted a pomegranate.
I have never been to Egypt and, unfortunately, I have never seen pyramids with my own eyes.
I have been twice to Paris.
I have recently flown to Beijing.
I have never gone on safari, but I would love to!
I have already seen (and heard!) dolphins.
I have made a birthday cake once in my life. It was very tasty.
I have never done waterskiing but I am going to try it during next summer holidays!
I have dived plenty times. This is a great sport - the views are extraordinary.
I have never gone bungee jumping. I'm not courageous enough ;)
I have already eaten shrimps - they are very tasty!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz