A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

wtorek, 21 lutego 2012

Gotye


Gotye (real name Wouter "Wally" De Backer) is an Australian singer, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter. De Backer was born in Bruges (pl. Brugia), Belgium on 21 May 1980. The name 'Gotye' derives from (=wywodzi się) "Gaultier", the French equivalent of "Wouter" (in English - "Walter"). The musician has released four albums : 'Boardface' (2003), 'Like Drawing Blood' (2006), 'Mixed Blood' (2007) and 'Making Mirrors' (2011). Surely (=na pewno) you have already heard his last single 'Somebody that I used to know', coming from his last 2011 studio album. Gotye's music, often compared (=porównywana) to Sting's and Peter Gabriel's, could be described (=opisywana) as a mix of such genres (=gatunki) as experimental rock, Indie rock, alternative pop and trip-hop (also known as Bristol Sound). Gotye is a prizewinner of five ARIA Awards (The Australian Industry Association Music Awards and has received a nomination for an MTV Europe Music Awards.

Here is Gotye's last single, the fruit of cooperation (=współpraca) with New Zealand singer and songwriter, Kimbra :



Now and then (=czasami) I think of when we were together 
Like when you said you felt so happy you could die (=mogłabyś umrzeć)
Told myself that you were right for me (=odpowiednia dla mnie)
But felt so lonely in your company (=w twoim towarzystwie)
But that was love and it's an ache (=ból) I still remember

You can get addicted to (=uzależnić się od) a certain kind of sadness (=smutek)
Like resignation to the end 
Always the end 
So when we found (=znaleźć, zrozumieć) that we could not make sense (=mieć sens)
Well you said that we would still be friends 
But I'll admit (=przyznam) that I was glad that it was over (=to się skończyło)

But you didn't have to cut me off (=odciąć, odizolować)
Make out (=twierdzić, udawać) like it never happened 
And that we were nothing 
I don't even need your love 
But you treat (=traktować) me like a stranger (=obcy)
And that feels so rough (=ciężki, szorstki)
No, you didn't have to stoop (=zniżać się) so low 
Have your friends collect (=zbierać) your records 
And then change your number 
I guess that I don't need that though (=mimo że)
Now you're just somebody that I used to know (=kogo kiedyś znałem)

Now and then  I think of all the times you screwed me over 
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done (=coś, co ja zrobiłem)
And I don't want to live that way 
Reading into every word you say 
You said that you could let it go 
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody (=rzucić słuchawkę podczas rozmowy z kimś) that you used to know...

But you didn't have to cut me off 
Make out like it never happened (=wydarzyło się)
And that we were nothing 
I don't even need (=potrzebuję) your love 
But you treat me like a stranger 
And that feels so rough 
No, you didn't have to stoop so low 
Have your friends collect your records 
And then change your number 
I guess that I don't need that though 
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Somebody that I used to know 
That I used to know
Somebody that I used to know 
That I used to know
Somebody that I used to know 
That I used to know
Somebody that I used to know 
That I used to know

Somebody...



Source of the materials : the Internet, youtube

2 komentarze:

  1. W końcu wiem, o czy śpiewa! Dzięki Aniu :)
    A oto mój ulubiony kawałek Kimbry : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHV04eSGzAA&ob=av2e

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Dzięki Justynko! Przyznam, że nie znałam wcześniej jej muzyki..usłyszałam o niej dzięki 'Somebody that...'. Piosenka świetna i bardzo oryginalny teledysk! :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń