A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

niedziela, 1 stycznia 2012

Tanita Tikaram - Twist in My Sobriety - Answers

The time has come for the answers. I hope you have done really well!




All God's children need travelling shoes……
Drive your problems…. from here
All good people read good books……
Now your conscience is clear (I hear you talk girl)
Now your conscience is clear

In the morning…. when I wipe my brow
Wipe the miles away
I like to think……… I can be so willed
And never do what you say…… (I’ll never hear you)
And never do what you say………
[CHORUS]
Look my eyes…… are just holograms
Look your love…… has drawn red from my hands
From my hands you know you'll never be……
More than twist in my sobriety 

We just poked a little empty pie
For the fun…… that people have at night
Late at night don't need hostility
The timid smile…… and pause to free

I don't care……… about their different thoughts
Different thoughts are good…… for me
Up in arms and chaste and whole
All God's children…… took their toll
[CHORUS]

Cup of tea……… take time to think yeah
Time to risk a life a life a life
Sweet and handsome…… soft and porky
You pig out 'til you've seen the light……
Pig out 'til you've seen the light……



The cover of the first single released
from Tanita's fifth
studio album "Lovers in the City"

Vocabulary:
travel - podróżować
conscience - sumienie
clear - czysty
wipe - wycierać
brow - brew, czoło
wipe away - ocierać, zetrzeć
willed - zdeterminowany
hologram - hologram
twist - zwrot, zmiana, przekręt
sobriety - trzeźwość, powaga
poke - rozgrzebać
pie - ciasto, pieróg
have fun - dobrze się bawić
hostility - wrogość
timid - nieśmiały
care about sth - dbać o coś, przejmować się czymś
chaste - czysty, cnotliwy, prosty
toll - żniwo, straty
handsome - przystojny
porky - n. kłamstwo, adj. gruby
pig out - jeść zbyt dużo

Source of the photo : the Internet

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz