A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

piątek, 13 stycznia 2012

Gerund or Infinitive? - Exercise 2 - Answers

How did you find the last grammar exercise? If you had mastered the theory, it should have been very easy! Compare your answers to the key :


1. Complete the gaps. Use gerunds or infinitives.

1. I hate ……being/to be………… (to be ) treated like a child!

2. I would love ………to find…………(to find) a better paid job…

3. I regret ………to inform………… (to inform) you that the operation has failed.

4. Stop ………complaining………… (to complain) and get down to work!

5. Did you remember ……to lock……… (to lock) the door?

6. I forgot ………to send………… (to send) a birthday card to my mum…what a shame ;( !

7. My sister enjoys ………playing………… (to play) chess. She has even won a cup!

8. You seem ……to be…………… (to be) sad. What’s the matter?

9. I would hate ……to break……… (to break) my leg. That must be really painful.

10. My friends are not very sociable. They hate ……spending/to spend……… (to spend) time outdoors.

11. My mum regrets ………taking up…………… (to take up) the Spanish course. The classes are really boring.

12. If medicines haven’t helped to cure your sore throat, try ……using……… (to use) some home remedies.

13. I’ll never forget ………flying………… (to fly) a plane for the first time.

14. Try ………to be………… (to be) serious for 10 minutes! That is an important matter!

15. I really should give up ....smoking..... (to smoke). My lungs are in horrible shape.

16. Sir, would you mind ......opening.............. (to open) the window?

17. You can't order me .....to do........... (to do) your duties!

18. Children dislike ....eating....... (to eat) vegetables and healthy products.

Were all your answers correct ?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz