A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

piątek, 30 grudnia 2011

Tanita Tikaram - Twist in My Sobriety

Hello! I’ve prepared a new listening exercise
for you. This time it’s a song by Tanita Tikaram – “Twist in My Sobriety”.
The song probably doesn’t match the mood of New Year’s Eve, yet, in my opinion, it’s incredibly atmospheric…
Watch the song’s sepia coloured video clip, which, by the way, was set in a rural village in Bolivia, and try to complete the gaps!




All God's children need travelling s………………..
Drive your p……………….. from here
All good people read good b………………..
Now your conscience is clear (I hear you talk girl)
Now your conscience is clear

In the m……………….. when I wipe my brow
Wipe the miles away
I like to t……………….. I can be so willed
And never do what you s……………….. (I’ll never hear you)
And never do what you s………………..

[CHORUS]
Look my e……………….. are just holograms
Look your l……………….. has drawn red from my hands
From my hands you know you'll never b………………..
More than twist in my sobriety

We just poked a little empty pie
For the f……………….. that people have at night
Late at night don't need hostility
The timid s……………….. and pause to free

I don't c……………….. about their different thoughts
Different thoughts are g……………….. for me
Up in arms and chaste and whole
All God's c……………….. took their toll

[CHORUS]

Cup of t……………….. take time to think yeah
Time to risk a life a life a life
Sweet and h……………….. soft and porky
You pig out 'til you've seen the l………………..
Pig out 'til you've seen the l………………..



Tomorrow you’ll get another song exercise, this time about a song to dance, which reminds me of New Year’s Eve parties… Which one? – You have to wait till tomorrow!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz