A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

wtorek, 26 kwietnia 2011

"When you're gone" by Cranberries - answers

First a little dictionary:
recently - niedawno
complete - uzupełnić
lyrics - słowa (np. piosenki)
task - zadanie

'Hold on to love, that is what I ...do..........
Now that I've 
...found.......... you

And from above, everything's stinking
They're not ....around......... you

And in the night, I could be helpless
I could be 
....lonely......... , sleeping without you

And in the day, everything's ....complex.........
There's nothing simple, when I'm not around you


But I 
....miss......... you when you're gone

That is what I do....Bay, Bay, Bay
And it's going to 
....carry on.........,

That is what I knew...Bay, Bay, Bay

Hold on to my 
..hands..........., I feel I'm sinking

Sinking without you
And to my 
....mind........., everything's stinking

Stinking without you

And in the night, I could be helpless
I could be 
.....lonely........ , sleeping without you

And in the day everything's ...complex..........
There's nothing simple, when I'm not around you



And I ...miss.......... you when you're gone

That is what I do....Bay, Bay, Bay
And it's going to ...carry on..........,
That is what I knew...Bay, Bay, Bay'

hold on to sth - trzymać się czegoś
found - pochodzi od czasownika 'find' - znajdować; tu czas present perfect 'I have found', czyli 'znalazłam'
from above - z góry
stink - brzydko pachnieć ;)
around - wokoło
miss- tęsknić
to be gone - być nieobecnym
helpless - bezsilny, bezbronny
lonely - samotny
sleep - spać
without - bez
complex - skomplikowane
simple - proste
it's going to - (to) będzie
carry on - kontynuować
sink - tonąć
to my mind - według mnie




Were all your answers correct?

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz