A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

czwartek, 21 kwietnia 2011

Dog breeds - part 1

Today I would like to present a few dog breeds, which I find interesting because of their look, name and origin. While I was looking through sites showing various dog breeds, I noticed that I am particularly keen on all types of terriers. I had a terrier for more than 10 years, it was not a pedigree, though - it was a mongrel. I have always thought that mongrels are the cutiest, the most adorable, intelligent, cunning and devoted in the world, aren't they? Well, after all I think every owner finds their dog the prettiest and the most lovable...
I am going to start my little dog presentation with terriers.
The first terrier resembles my beloved dog the most. This is the Australian Silky Terrier:

The Australian Silky Terrier

It's lovely, isn't it?
The next dog on my list is the Norwich Terrier. It's of British origin.

The Norwich Terrier

That's a breed that doesn't need to be presented to you...A very popular breed in Poland, the Yorkshire Terrier:

The Yorkshire Terrier

The breed is of English origin, of course.
In the next place is a very popular breed as well - the West Highland White Terrier:

The West Highland White Terrier

The breed was created in Scotland.
The last breed on my today's list is a bigger dog, the Welsh Terrier:

The Welsh Terrier

As you can see, the Welsh Terrier is a bit bigger than the little adorable terriers I have presented before - its legs are longer. Its coat is curly and two-coloured. It's got straw-coloured paws and a brown back. As the name itself indicates, the breed comes from Wales.

Which terrier do you like the most?

The second part of my post is coming soon!

Dictionary
breed - słowo kluczowe dzisiejszego posta; rasa
find - tutaj: uważać za (oczywiście pierwsze znaczenie to : znajdować)
looks - appearance; wygląd
origin - pochodzenie
look through - przeglądać
particularly - szczególnie
keen on sth - lubić coś
pedigree - pies rasowy
though - jednak, chociaż
mongrel - kundelek
cute - śliczny
adorable - zachwycający
cunning - sprytny
devoted - oddany
after all - w końcu, ostatecznie
owner - właściciel
lovable - kochany, rozkoszny
resemble - przypominać
beloved - ukochany
create - stwarzać
coat  - sierść
curly - kręcony
two-coloured - dwukolorowy
straw - coloured - słomkowy (kolor)
paw - łapa
back - grzbiet
indicate - wskazywać
Wales - Walia

The source of the photos : the Internet

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz