A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

sobota, 21 kwietnia 2012

'You're beautiful' and 'L'amour est dans le pré'

Today I'd like to recall (=przywołać) one of the most well-known (=dobrze znanych) songs of James Blunt's  - 'You're beautiful'. When I hear the song it makes me think of a French reality TV series 'L'amour est dans le pré' (in my free translation: 'Love is in the fields', 'Miłość jest na polach' ;), as it was its opening credits (=czołówka) song. The programme entitled (=zatytułowany) 'Farmer wants a wife' premièred (=miał premierę) in the UK. The broadcast focuses on a group of confirmed bachelors (=starych kawalerów) and maidens (=panien) who look for love among women and men who would like to share their life with them on their farms. I liked the French version a lot and I recommend it to all French learners. Watching the programme not only can you enhance your listening skills (=rozwinąć umiejętności słuchania), admire French rural areas (=wiejskie tereny) but also get to know (=poznać) various French accents. 
I invite you to listen to 'You're beautiful', a 2005 James Blunt's song and complete the gaps (you can check the answers at the bottom of the page) !


My life is brilliant.
My life is brilliant.
My love is 1...................
I saw an 2...................
Of that I'm 3.......................
She smiled at me on the 4.......................
She was with 5................ man.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a 6......................
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a 7.................... place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never 8................. with you.

Yeah, she 9................... my eye,
As we walked on by.
She could see from my 10................ that I was,
11.......................... high, 
And I don't think that I'll see her 12........................,
But we shared a 13.................... that will last till the end.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a 14................... place,
And I don't know what to do,
'Cause I'll never 15................... with you.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a 16....................... on her face,
When she thought up that I 17....................... be with you.
But it's time to face the 18.....................,
I will never 19.................... with you.

Below you can watch extracts from 'L'amour est dans le pré' :






Here is an extract from Australian adaptation of the series :




The answers : 1 pure, 2 angel, 3 sure, 4 subway, 5 another, 6 plan, 7 crowded, 8 be, 9 caught, 10 face, 11 flying, 12 again, 13 moment, 14 crowded, 15 be, 16 smile, 17 should, 18 truth, 19 be


Source of the materials : youtube

5 komentarzy:

  1. ;) Justynko pamiętasz Lilę? :] Australijska wersja wydaje się być trochę bardziej 'pompeuse'..

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. chyba jednak wolę wersję francuska, wiejskie, swojskie klimaty bardziej pasują do tego typu programu :) gumiaki zamiast szpilek :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. Ciekawy pomysł na ćwiczenie w oparciu o piosenkę...Już dawno nie słyszałam tej piosenki Jamesa Blunta.

    OdpowiedzUsuń