A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

piątek, 20 kwietnia 2012

Conditionals - answers


Below you can find the answers to the exercise in conditionals:

1. Complete the gaps.

1. If I ........were........... (to be) taller, I ......would become....... (to become) a model.
2. If the weather .....is....... (to be) nice tomorrow, we .....will go........ (to go) to the park.
3. My daughter ..........would have won......... (to win) the competition if she ......had decided....... (to decide) to take part in it. I wish she had participated in it!
4. If we ......lived......... (live) in Greece, we ..would be able....... (to can) to swim in the sea in May.
Unfortunately, the Baltic Sea is much colder!
5. If I ....were.......... (to be) you, I ....would call........ (to call) her.
6. Tom ....would have got...... (to get) that job then if he ...had had... (to have) a driving licence. What a pity!

2. Translate the sentences.

1. Zdasz ten egzamin, jeśli powtórzysz materiał.
....You will pass the exam if you revise the material.....
2. Gdybym była odważniejsza, skoczyłabym z bungee.
..........If I were more courageous, I would do a bungee jump.......
3. Gdybym wiedziała, że ona była niewinna, nie nakrzyczałabym na nią.
........If I had known that she was innocent, I wouldn't have screamed at her......
4. Jeśli je się za dużo, tyje się.
.......If you eat too much, you put on weight.....
5. Kupiłabyś nowy samochód, gdybyś miała wystarczająco dużo pieniędzy?
.....Would you buy a new car if you had enough money?.....
6. Czy próbowałbyś zatrzymać tego mężczyznę, gdybyś wiedział, że był złodziejem?
....Would you have tried to stop that man if you had known he was a thief?....

3. Complete the sentences with your own answers :

1. If I won a lottery, .I would buy a house/I would go on a round-the-world trip, etc...
2. If I were younger, .I would become a sportsman/sportswoman/ I would run a marathon, etc....
3. If I go abroad in the summer, I will try to practise my English/ I will visit a lot/ I will take a lot of photos, etc...
4. If I had known in the past what I know now,  I would have made different decisions/ I wouldn't have changed anything, etc....

I hope you have done very well on the exercises! 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz