A blog for my students and all English learners.

It deals with various everyday issues, news, curiosities

and things that arouse my interest every day.

niedziela, 4 grudnia 2011

Idioms - letter A - Part 2

Idioms – A Part 2

at fault    at ease      at this rate       at last         at once     at first glance        at death’s door          at times      at stake       at hand         at random       on the tip of one’s tongue      at least



1. Feel ……………………..! It’s just an exam! You can always resit it!
2. My grandmother was ……………………… when the operation failed.
3. The au pair was ……………………… as she didn't take care of the baby.
4. …………………….. the defect was minor, but later we                                   found out it was huge.
5. I don’t have my diary ……………………… at the moment. I’ll call you back.
6. You should wash your hands …………………….. three times a day!
7. The school is finished …………………….! We can enjoy the summer holidays!
8. When I call me children for dinner they come ……………………..
9. I've chosen the presents ………………… as anyway I was not sure which gift the children would prefer.
10. He was very stressed as his reputation was …………………
11. I have his name …………………….. I am sure I've already heard  it!
12. Please hurry up! We will never get to the airport on time …………………… !
13. ……………….………. I would prefer to be an only child...sometimes it's hard to share things with our siblings.

You'll find the answers in the next post!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz